INGREDIENTS FOR homemade chocolate spread
- 100g whole hazelnuts (shelled, it will save you time!)
- 70g icing sugar
- 10g cocoa powder (100% of cocoa, no sugar)
- 60g milk chocolate (or dark chocolate)
- 40g vegetable oil (ideally hazelnut oil, but sunflower or canola oil works very well too)
- 1 glass jar with a lid (I love the ones from Le Parfait)
Preparation for the best homemade chocolate spread
Start by roasting the hazelnuts (i.e. toasting them) on a baking sheet at 160°C for 15 minutes.
Let them cool down. Remove the skin from the hazelnuts. In order to do this, place the hazelnuts in a colander and shake well. The skin will come off. Remove the hazelnuts by hand and discard the skins.
Using a good blender, mix the hazelnuts with the icing sugar. Add the cocoa and continue to blend.
Melt the milk chocolate in a double boiler. Add it to the hazelnut paste. Add the oil and blend until you have a smooth dough without chunks.
Pour the dough into your glass jar, and keep in a cool place.
Spread on a good homemade baguette, or on a homemade casserole bread for a delicious homemade snack!
For a vegan and a more full-bodied version, use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate.