Serves: 2 – Prep Time: 10 min
Ingredients for the blue cheese and pear salad:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, finely sliced
- 1/2 pear, peeled, cored, and cut into small dice
- ¾ cup (100 g) blue cheese, preferably Roquefort, crumbled
- 1 cup (100 g) chopped pecans
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp French whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled, trimmed, and minced
- Place the romaine into a large bowl. Add the diced pear. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese.
- To make the dressing: Place the salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add the mustard, and whisk together. Add the balsamic vinegar. Whisk. Add the olive oil, whisking well to emulsify. Stir in the minced shallot.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss together.