Calling all the soufflés addict, you will love this French classic recipe!
Soufflés have the reputation to be complicated to make but for sure, if you follow this recipe, you will make a wonderful soufflé! And the result is just impressive!
15 min prep – 10 min baking
Ingredients for 4 cheese soufflés
- 3/4 Cup (200 ml) of milk
- 4 t (50 g) of sweet butter
- 1/3 Cup (45 G) of flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 pinches of salt
- 1 Cup (100 g) of grated cheese
- For the ramekins
- Soft butter
Directions for the cheese soufflé
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour and mix well. Then pour the cold milk and cook until you get a very smooth béchamel.
- Add cheese before seasoning with salt and pepper then mix well.
- Separate whites and egg yolks then add the egg yolks to the mixture and mix.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff to pick.
- Start by roughly mixing 1/3 of the whites and then gently incorporate the rest.
- Butter the soufflé ramekins then spread some flour
- Pour the mixture into 3/4 of the molds. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 420°F for 10 minutes.
You can flavored your Cheese Soufflé with grounded Nutmeg.
The flavor of this recipe comes from the cheese, so it’s better to use a good Swiss cheese.