For 2 people – Preparation Time: 10 min – Cook Time: 50 min
- ½ medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 medium bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 Cup (100g) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spread the sliced onion oven the bottom of the oven dish, and drizzle with olive oil. Set aside.
- Brush the chicken with a little bit of olive oil. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on the onion slices in one layer, skin side down. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the heavy whipping cream, white wine, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, and half of the chopped parsley. Salt to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until the juices run clear and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- When the chicken is done and the skin is golden brown, remove the dish from the oven, put the thighs on a plate, spoon on the mustard sauce, and sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley. Serve hot.