For all the chocolate addict, this amazing chocolate soufflé recipe could become your favorite dessert.
Serves: 2 – Prep Time: 20 mins – Cook Time: 8 mins
- 2 ramekins
- Pastry brush
- 2 bowls
- Electric beater
For the ramekins:
- Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (15 g), melted
For the soufflés
- 3 oz (80 g) dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup (10 cl) milk
- 1 tbsp (7g) all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 large (65g, or about 2.4 oz) egg whites
- 4 tbsp (30g) powdered sugar
Directions for the soufflés
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- With a pastry brush, butter the ramekins from the bottom to the top.
- Divide the sugar between the buttered ramekins. Tilt the ramekins so the sugar adheres to the sides. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie. Set aside.
- Add the flour and milk to a small saucepan, mix and bring to a boil. Whisk and allow to thicken.
- Turn off the heat, add the melted chocolate and the egg yolk. Mix again. Set aside.
- Pour the egg whites into a bowl. Start beating. When they turn white, gently add the sugar. Keep beating the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Finally, add a small portion of the egg whites to the melted chocolate and gently fold in with a spatula. Pour this mixture back into the rest of the egg whites. Gently fold until combined.
- Remove your ramekins from the refrigerator, and fill them ¾ full with the batter.
- Place in the preheated oven on the middle rack, and bake for about 8 minutes.
Chocolate addict ?
We have other recipes for you ! You can also try the chocolate fondant recipe or the French chocolate cream!
And don’t forget, the most important in chocolate’s recipe is the quality of your chocolate! We particularly like the Cacao Barry.