We are not talking about macarons! But the coconut French macaron, they are much more easier to prepare and still absolutely delicious.
So before we start the recipe, just a friendly reminder:
French Macarons: These delicates cookies are made of almond flour and powdered sugar. And filled with a ganache. They are iconic of the French Pastry. They are a little bit delicate to prepare.
Macaroons (Aka the coconut French macaron): These cookies are also delicious, but are made with shredded coconut, sugar and egg whites.
Ingredients for coconut French macaron
Preparation: 15 minutes – Cooking time: 25 minutes – Serves 4
- 3 egg whites
- 150g grated coconut
- 100g granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
Preparation of the coconut macaroons
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites and salt until they start to foam.
- Add the sugar and grated coconut.
- Mix gently.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- With your hands form little balls of dough, leaving some space between them.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 360°F. Your coconut macaroons should be slightly golden when ready.