In France, Kids are crazy about chouquettes! They love eat them for the breakfast, but also for a middle afternoon snack!
For about 20 choux or 8 éclairs
- 3 Tbsp (5cl) milk
- 4 Tbsp (7cl) water
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp sugar (5 g)
- ¼ C (45g) butter
- 2/3 C (75g) flour
- 2 eggs
- Pearl sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt milk, water, salt, sugar and butter in a saucepan.
- When the mixture begins to boil, stop the heat and add the flour out of the fire. Mix well to obtain a smooth dough. Put again on low heat 1 or 2 minutes to slowly dry the dough.
- Out of the fire, add the eggs, one by one, while mixing well: you will obtain a smooth dough.
- Fill a pastry bag with this dough.
- On a pan covered with parchment paper, form small petits choux, 2 or 3 cm in diameter.
- Spread a handle of pearl sugar on the top of each choux.
- Bake for 30 minutes without opening the oven door while cooking.
- Let cool.