French Scrambled eggs with asparagus are often offered in Paris brasserie (French typical restaurant).
Take advantage now of this spring vegetable full of vitamins! For this recipe, choose preferably eggs from chickens raised in the open air.
Ingredients for French scrambled eggs with asparagus
- 12 white asparagus
- 8 eggs
- 20 g butter
- 10 cl of heavy whipping cream
- Chiseled chives
Preparation of asparagus
- Cut the base of your asparagus about 2 cm and then peel them with a peeler. Wash them and tie them in bundles with cooking string so as not to break the spikes.
- Dip the asparagus into a large volume of salted boiling water.
- Let them cook for about 20 min and check the cooking using the tip of a knife.
- To keep their color, refresh them immediately in iced water and drain them.
- Cut them in half, keep the tips and slice the tails.
Preparation of the scrambled eggs
- To be certain of succeeding, they must be cooked slowly … and for this reason nothing like cooking in a bain-marie!
- In a bowl, break the eggs and beat them into an omelette. Add the heavy whipping cream and mix again.
- Season with salt.
- In a pan at low heat, melt the butter.
- Pour the eggs. Stir gently with a spatula until they thicken and become creamy.
- Add the asparagus slices and the chives and mix again.
Bon appétit !