Hmmm Lemon!!! Perfect for a hot summer weather. You can use this curd : To make a lemon tart, to fill your French macarons, or eat it just like this with a spoon!!
Ingredients for 450 g of lemon curd:
- 3 eggs
- 125 g of sugar
- 2 lemons (about 120 ml of juice)
- 50 g of butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
Directions for the lemon curd
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar. Add the flour, mix.
- And add the lemon juice and the butter in pieces.
- Bring the whole thing to boil in a saucepan. It must boil a few minutes.
- Let cool in the fridge before using.
Depending on the use you make of it:
- Lemon curd spread: Put in a glass jar. Let cool before putting it in the fridge.
- Lemon tart: Bake your sweet dough on a tart mold. Let cool. Pour the lemon cream directly on the dough. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Lemon choux pastry: Let the cream cool. Put in a pastry bag and stuff your little puffs.
- For the macarons: Let cool in the fridge at least an hour. Pour in a pastry bag and fill your shells of macaroons. Careful, it is a cream a little wet, you must eat your macaroons within 24 hours because the lemon curd tends to moisten the macaron.