This Pesto and Rocamadour toast is a mix between Italy and south of France flavors. Rocamadour is a cheese produced from unpasteurised goat’s cheese in the Quercy region of South Western France. Pesto is this amazing sauce, you can use with pastas, tartes or in this perfect toastes you’ll have as an appetizer.
Ingredients for the pesto and Rocamadour on toast
- 60g fresh basil
- 60g Parmesan
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 40g pine nuts
- 125 ml olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 2 Rocamadour cheeses (Or fresh got cheese)
- Wholewheat bread
Preparation of the pesto
- Gently grill the pine nuts in a pan until lightly browned. Crush the 2 garlic cloves.
- Mix the basil leaves, the pine nuts, the parmesan, the garlic and the olive oil in a blender.
- Blend the mixture and add salt and pepper.
Prepare you toast
- Spread the sliced bread with the pesto. Place the goat cheese on top and sprinkle with pepper.
- Put under the grill at 380°F for 10/12 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt.
- Serve straight away with a salad.