The caramel salted butter is a tradition from Bretagne (Brittany, west of France). The salt gives more taste to the caramel and adds a gourmet touch.
For a jar of salted caramel cream.
- 150 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 cl heavy whipping cream
- 50 g of salted butter (Or normal butter + salt)
Instructions for your salted caramel
- Start by making a caramel with sugar and water. Be careful, do not mix the caramel.
- Put the sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat with the water. Gently shake the sauce pan, but do not stir with a spoon. Be careful not to burn the sugar.
- Once sugar is completely melted, immediately add the butter and mix with a spoon. Then add the cream. Mix well. You will have a creamy texture.
- If you let it cool, it will be slightly elastic. And if you put it cool, it will harden. You can keep the caramel cream with salted butter a few days cool, in a closed jar.
Before tasting it, let the caramel warm up at room temperature.