French people love having the apéro. Meaning, eating appetizers with friends.
And this savory cake recipe is a must have for this social time.
Ingredients for your fig and goat cheese appetizer cake (Or 12 mini cakes)
- 200 g flour
- 150 g goat cheese
- 120 g of dried figs
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp of chives
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
Directions for the fig and goat cheese appetizer cake
- Preheat oven to 380°F.
- In a bowl, pour and mix dry ingredients: sifted flour and baking powder, chives, salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs, oil, cream and honey. And mix with a whisk.
- Cut the goat cheese and the figs into small pieces.
- And then incorporate them gently into the batter.
- Pour your preparation into your loaf pan and bake for 25 min.