Gingerbread man : This year prepare an offer these cookies as a present! Nicely wrapped in a transparent bag and closed with a ribbon with Christmas colors, this gingerbread man is a perfect gourmet gift.
Ingredients for the gingerbread
- 350 g flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 150 g of brown sugar
- 100 g soft butter
- 2 tbsp spice bread
- 1 egg
- 50 g liquid honey
- For decoration:
- The icing:
- 1 egg white and 250 g icing sugar
- Sugar beads
Preparation of the gingerbread
- Preheat oven to 380°F..
- In a bowl, sift the flour with the yeast.
- Mix together by hands: butter, flour + baking powder, brown sugar and spices. Add the egg and the honey. Continue mixing by hand. Form a ball of dough.
- On your floured worktop, roll out the dough about half a centimeter. Cut to pieces with a cookie cutter. Place a sheet of cooking paper on the baking tray of the oven.
- Place each biscuit on the plate. Leave some space between them as they will swell. Decorate the cookies with the sugar beads. Make the eyes and the nose. You can make a belt, and shirt buttons. You can also vary with small chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. The gingerbread man must be barely gilded. Allow to cool out of the oven.
- Once they are cold, prepare the frosting.
Icing the gingerbread man
- Work together the icing sugar and the egg white.
- You can add a few drops of lemon juice. Put in a pastry bag, with a thin pastry tip.
- Make the smile of the gingerbread man, and decorate the ends of the arms and legs.
- Let it dry.
- Once it is dry, you can put them in a bag and close with a piece of ribbon.