The Oeufs cocotte (Baked eggs) are a must have when you are in a Parisian bistro.
But you can also make them at home in 5 min!
For 4 people
5 min prep – 10 min baking
- 4 eggs
- 8 tbsp of heavy whipping cream
- 4 slices of dried ham (Bresaola for example)
- Salt & pepper
- 4 pinches chopped chives
Direction for your baked eggs
- Put 1 spoon of cream in the bottom of each ramekins.
- Break 1 egg over it, then salt and pepper.
- Slice your ham and sprinkle it on the egg.
- Cover with another spoon of cream.
- Place the ramekins on an oven dish. Then, pour water halfway up into the dish, around the ramekins.
- Place the dish into the oven and bake for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with bread.
Did you know that they are also called shirred eggs?