Serves: 2 – Prep time: 15 minutes – Cook time: 20 minutes
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Medium saucepan
- Measuring spoons
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 g) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) truffle oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil. Carefully add the potato pieces. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes, return to the pan, and mash with a fork.
- Add the butter, milk, truffle oil, salt and pepper. Mix until the butter melts into the potatoes.
- Taste, and add more truffle oil if desired. (If you prefer a milder truffle flavor, start with ½ teaspoon and adjust the amount after mixing and tasting.)