For 2 people – Preparation Time: 10 min – Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 skillet
- 1 strainer
- 1 knife
- 1 cutting board
- 1 garlic press (optional)
- 1/4 pound (110 g) haricots verts (baby string beans), stem ends removed
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan of well-salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the beans to the boiling water and cook until they are tender but still have some bite, about 10 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high, warm the butter and the olive oil until the butter melts.
- Add the crushed garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the beans to the pan and sauté until hot and coated with butter and oil.
- Transfer the beans to a plate, season with salt and pepper, and serve right away.
Tip: You can replace the garlic with minced shallots if you prefer.