Cooking scallops with wine, what could be best?
Serves 2 as a main dish – Prep time: 10 min – Cook time: 10 min
- Skillet or chef’s pan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 scallops
- 1/4 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 organic orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) white wine
- 1 tbsp of bouillon
- 3 1/2 tbsp (50 ml) heavy whipping cream
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a chef’s pan or skillet. Sauté the scallops for 2 minutes on each side (the interior must be pearly). Remove the scallops from the pan and set aside.
- Prepare the orange sauce: add the diced onion to the pan you used to cook the scallops. Sauté for a few minutes, or until they are soft.
- Add the orange zest and juice, wine, and bouillon and boil few minutes until the sauce thickens. Add the whipping cream and thicken again.
- When the sauce is done, add the sautéed scallops to the pan to reheat them. Plate and pour the sauce over them.