Scallops au gratin are delicious specially during winter when they are naturally at their best.
For 2 people – 15 min prep – 15 min baking
- 4 scallops
- ¼ Cup of flour (30g)
- 1 tbsp of butter (15 g)
- ¾ Cup of milk (180 ml)
- ½ garlic glove
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ Cup (25 g) of shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp of bread crumb
- Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- Peel then chop thinly the garlic glove. Set aside.
- In a saucepan at medium heat, melt the butter then add garlic.
- When melted add the flour then mix, until combined.
- Pour milk into the saucepan then mix until having a smooth sauce.
- Add cheese then mix.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Into two ramekins add a spoon of the batter, then add two scallops and cover with a spoon of the batter.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 10/15 minutes.