For 2 people – 5 min prep -30 min cooking
- Frying pan
- 2 lb of beef tenderloin center cut
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Cognac
- 1/2 cup of cream
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- On a pan at medium high heat, melt the butter and olive oil. As soon as the butter and oil begin to turn lightly golden, place the meat in the pan.
- Cook each side 4 to 5 minutes for medium. Remove the steaks to a plate.
- On the same pan, add 1/3 cup Cognac to the pan. Let boil for a few minutes. Add the cream. Bring the mixture to a boil and whisk until the sauce thickens, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the steaks back to the pan, spoon the sauce over, and serve.