Hola croquetas! French love Spanish tapas. It is the same principle than French appetizers, but many different flavors.
- 35 g of butter
- 40 g of flour
- 250 ml of milk
- 2 slices of dry ham
- 40 g of shredded cheese
- For the frying:
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of breadcrumbs
- 70 g of flour
- Frying oil (canola is great)
Start with the batter for the croquettes.
- Cut dry ham into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour, and stir for few min at low heat, without browning the preparation.
- Very slowly, pour the milk on the mixture while mixing well. Keep stirring and cook at low heat until the sauce thickens.
- After 1à minutes, add the shredded cheese and the ham and stir.
- Pour into a dish and let it cool.
- Cooling down it will harden, and have the good texture to work with.
Shaping and frying your croquettas.
- Arrange the sauce on a sheet of plastic wrap, and roll it into 1.5 cm-diameter tubes to obtain a regular shape. Remove the plastic wrap and cut the tubes into 2 cm sections.
- Pane the croquetas: first roll them into the flour, then into the beaten eggs, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry them for 3 to 5 min, until it’s brown.
- Drain on paper towels.