Makes 10 madeleines – Prep time: 10 min – Cook time: 10 min
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp (25 g) unsalted butter, plus extra for the pan
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp plus 1 ½ tsp (30 g) sugar
- 3/4 c less 1 tbsp (100 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (3g) baking soda
- 1 tbsp honey
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Butter a madeleine mold.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and honey together. Add the flour and baking soda. Mix well, then add the lemon zest. Stir in the melted butter.
- Spoon batter into the molds until they are ¾ full. Allow to rest in the refrigerator while the oven preheats.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at to 350° F. Transfer the pan to a rack to cool.